Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Chinese New Year 2016

I wonder how I'll fare in this year of the Monkey, Hanley and I being born in the year of the Tiger. Monkey and Tiger are chong or incompatible signs in the Chinese Zodiac.

I've only been frequenting the Taoist Temple right beside my office - Sian Tian Temple - since I don't know where else to go. 

But for Chinese New Year, I asked Hanley's friend whose dad frequents a particular Buddhist temple. Fo Guang Shan Chu Un Temple or "Chu Un" Temple (慈恩寺in short, is just near the new Robinsons Galleria Cebu. Usually, we go at the auspicious time of anytime between 4-6am. But since Hanley needs his sleep and our schedule depends on what time Maddy gets up, we ended up going there at 10am. At this point, there was an ongoing New Year's prayer session happening and we couldn't really go near the main altar. We just lighted incense and offered them at the side altars.

Maddy looked so cute in her qipao all the way from Hong Kong as a gift from my cousin Eng-Eng who is also expecting! :D I'm sure she's reading this post too. Thank you!



(looks like a Chinese sausage baby)


No comments:

Post a Comment